Jeff Farner Budarz
- Office Phone: +1 919-660-5559
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purdue University, School of Science, West Lafayette, IN December 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, ACS accredited, Minor in French
- Arizona State University, Barrett Honors College August 2000 – May 2001
- Université Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France October 2003 – July 2004
- Research Triangle Institute January 2008 – July 2008
CHEMIST I, COMMERCIAL ANALYTICAL GROUP
- Analytical Chemist for contract analytical lab. Headed project for new clients including method development, client communication, and result reporting in GLP environment. Performed product validation and stability testing, including the identification and quantification of degradation products, for pharmaceutical clientele.
- University of Iowa Hygienic Laboratory April 2005 – August 2007
CHEMIST I, ENVIRONMENTAL ORGANIC ANALYSIS
- Principal Analyst for Chlorinated Acid Herbicides in Drinking Water, Waste Water and Soil by GC-ECD for Iowa’s state environmental lab EPA Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
- Performed analyses, instrument maintenance, and standard preparation for multiple GC systems.
Principal Analyst for Air Toxics Program by cryo-enabled GC-FID & MS
- Coordinated sample analysis, sampling canister cleaning, and standard creation for Iowa DNR funded program. Maintained GC/MS system and analyzed and reported data for EPA methods TO-12 and TO-15 volatile organic target compounds. Developed method and instrument parameters to include Acrolein as new target compound. Upgraded Chemstation Software on multiple instruments to complement MS upgrade to simultaneous SIM/SCAN capabilities.
- Université Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
- Conducted research at Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l’Atmosphère (LPCA) – in conjunction with the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- Involved in study of spray drift and loss during the applications of pesticides on a vineyard using GC/MS
- Installed automated thermal desorption unit, created a method and standards towards the study of spray drift
- Waters Alliance HPLC with PDA detector
- Waters Acquity UPLC with PDA detector
- HP5890 GC/EC and HP5970 GC/MS with HP 7673 autosampler package
- Agilent 6890 GC/?ECD with Agilent 7683 autosampler
- Agilent 6890 GC/FID with 5973 MS, simultaneous Scan/SIM, Cryo-focus, dual column
- ENTECH NT7100 Concentrator, 4600 Dynamic Diluter, 7016 Canister Autosampler tower
Data Acquisition Software:
- Waters EMPOWER and EMPOWER 2
- Agilent CHEMSTATION
- Fluent in English and French
- Intermediate German Skills